Sunday 9 November 2008

Fantastic Vogue

To be honest I'm not a regular buyer of Vogue, occasionally I get it if it has some pretty photo shoots to inspire my drawing but this month I was really blown away. It was actually whilst sipping my Marshmellow topped Mocha visiting the boyfriends family in Ramsgate that I picked up Decembers copy of British Vogue and began to flick through the pages.

Adorning the front cover was a gorgeous shot of Kate Moss in a silk tulle dress that took up the space of 3 pages, also the typography is adorable, the word 'Fantastic' is made up of Circus tents, wings and puppet hands. This issue of Vogue is forgetting It bags, serviceable coats, investment buys and instead embracing how extraordinary things can be. My favourite spread has to be the Tim Walker photo shoot ' Tales of the Unexpected' which inspiration is drawn from the magical world of Roald Dahl, as you may know I'm already a big fan. I also love the Story Time spread which features 4 short stories illustrated by the extremely talented Klaus Haapaniemi.

If Vogue was like this every month I may even consider a subscription!








No comments: